Sunday, June 14, 2009

retardED HARDY.

During my recent travels thru various airports, I spotted one of the most hideous things ever--an Ed Hardy carryon luggage suitcase. If roses, skulls, and roaring tigers are your thing, then stop reading now... I'm only going to offend you further... Anyway, I absolutely despise Ed Hardy to begin with. Seeing these damn tigers and ugly tattoo designs on shirts, shoes, hats, etc... really just pisses me off. 1. They're hideous. 2. They scream "I'm a d-bag!" to everyone around you, and 3. They're everywhere! How?!? Why?!?!? They're so effing ugly. wtf. How can anyone actually think that these items look good? The fact that I see people rockin' Ed Hardy stuff everywhere boggles my mind. I mean the guy puts these ugly ass tattoo designs on everything, trying to make a buck out of every sucker (/d-bag) out there who think they're BA but still fashionable. 

So anyway this girl with the carryon was in full Ed Hardy gear. Sweats and all. So I guess she's down with that whole trend. Whether she thinks she's being stylish or not, I guess I can't judge. Different strokes for different folks right? ... It's cool if you're down with that, but I personally wouldn't dress up in Ed Hardy gear with skulls and "tattoo art" all over my shirt. 

Bottom line-- the brand is killing itself. The designs are on everything imaginable. They're on shoes, shirts, hoodies, sweats, hats, handbags, luggage bags, and d-bags. Why would a company want to do that?? Especially one that is positioning itself as a fairly high-end brand with store locations on Newbury St. in Boston and in New York's SoHo area.  Once the dust settles, and the d-bags return to their plain white wife-beaters, the company is done. It'll be following in the footsteps of Von Dutch. A brand that died, thanks to the same person who now holds the rights to Don Ed Hardy's (tattoo artist) art. Fine, he gets his money so he can't complain right? but still.. terrible strategy. 

1 comment:

Jess Man said...

i think ed hardy is lame!